Monday 20 August 2007

Da Vinci Tip In Page

Im signed up for a tip in swap where you make altered book pages, this months theme is Da Vinci! To be honest Ive been struggling to get started because I havent lifted a rubber stamp up since last month!! Im too addicted to sketchbooking at the moment.

Anyways the swap is due at the end of the month so I knew I had to get started on it very soon!!

So here goes!

First of all I folded a sheet of A4 card in half, then I watercoloured a background on using different shades of brown paint. I then got a brown inkpad and stamped Da Vinci style images over the card. This is going to be the backdrop for my tip in pages, Im gonna add some images and stuff to complete them. Meanwhile here is the scan of the first stage:

I think Ive finished this tip in page now, last night I added some images and some words to the page and folded it to complete it. Here are scans of both the front and back of my tip in page:

Front:


Back:

4 comments:

SweetPea said...

Love your DaVinci page! Just gorgeous!

Susie said...

I knew I was going to love this just as soon as I saw the backgrounds, but it's even more wonderful with the images. I love Mona's mouth too.

Susie

SweetPea said...

FANTASTIC - I couldn't imagine it getting better - but you sure got me! I absolutely love the quote - it is perfect!

Anonymous said...

I love the tip ins and look forward to your sketchbook. Wish I could do one. I've tried and nothing clicks. Any direction?