Wednesday 22 August 2007

News About My Website

Its not looking promising I have to say! Im a bit frazzled at the moment to be honest!

It seems that the website hosting that I was with have decided to do a dissapearing act and wont be coming back! Theres thousands of angry customers who like myself have all paid for hosting and now discovered that theyve been ripped off! I wouldnt mind but Ive been with this webhost now for 3 years and up until now the service has always been good! And now they've buggered off with my cash! At least it wasnt a humungus amount but it is the principle of the thing! Im so bloody annoyed!!

Still no use crying over spilt milk. Whats done is done.

Some good news however, the server company who sublets the reselling package to my web host has temporarily unsuspended my website accounts for 24 hours to enable me to go in and back the much needed backups! Phew! Ive not lost it all afterall so I can breathe easy on that score. Im frantically backing everything up now as I type...

On the flip side it does means I now have to find some suitable affordable alternative website hosting AND upload all of my site again! A prospect I really am not looking forward to :( I think Im going to have to be brutal and prune some of my site back and upload my favourite bits as its an awful lot of files and images!!

Never rains but it pours - more like torrential downpour!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to have to post this annoymously but somebody has taken my commenting name and has used it maliciously on blogs.

I'm sorry this has happened and I hope you do manage to back up your very inspirational blog which I've come to love visiting. I've put an email notifier on your other site and will be watching with fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Oh so sorry to hear this, Trish. I always look forward to your entries and I use your Technique Archives as my one stop shop for all my background needs. I am going to miss it if it vanishes. I hope it all works out for you and I'll continue to visit here for updates.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Trish, I'm so sorry to hear about the mess you have been put through. Wishing you the best of luck. Hugs,